Monday, June 29, 2009

Our new pet

Several weeks ago I blogged about a little bird that was in the backyard that let the kids get very close to it. Well, I think it's back!! While Gramps was here this evening, he noticed a bird just hovering right above the kids at a low branch. A few minutes later, it landed on a lawn chair. He just reached over and caught it. Both kids got to pet it. He let it go, then caught it a few minutes later as it was walking in the driveway. It wouldn't go away. After he left, Randall had to take gas to his mom for her lawn mower. Emma and I were drawing on the sidewalk with chalk, and this bird (Gramps said it was a robin) decided to hop on my leg. I was amazed! I couldn't believe a wild bird landed on my leg. Then it hopped to the other leg. It flew off for a few minutes, then came back, hopped on my leg, then pooped. Emma loved that! Don't know if this bird will hang around long or not!









No comments: