Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Emma's last "regular" softball game

Last night was Emma's last regular schedule ball game. She does have a make-up game next Tuesday at 5:30. She has done a complete 180 and improved 100% since we started. Last night, she hit the ball all 3 times she batted: 2 times off the pitching machine and one time off the tee. In the first inning, she was the only one on her team to hit off the pitching machine. I was so proud...now if we can just get her to field the ball...all she does in the field is stand there. She doesn't even attempt to run after the ball. However, this is her first year to play, and she is only 5. The only way to go is up!! I think I have decided that next year I will coach...as much as I love softball, this is a way to give back to all the volunteers who graciously coached me as I was growing up!!
Emma running the bases before the game
Emma getting ready to bat during the first inning
Emma playing 3rd base...I had to remind her to get ready.
Emma getting into ready position while playing 3rd base.

No comments: