Tuesday, June 9, 2009

A little birdie once told me...

Yesterday while I was cleaning the kitchen, Mac and Emma played outside in the backyard (I can see them from the kitchen window and the gate is locked). In a few minutes, I saw both kiddos sitting on the ground right beside the swingset. Emma hollered at me to come outside. I could see something on the ground, and I asked her what it was. She told me it was a bird. I assumed it was dead, so I tried to get them away from it. Once I got close enough, I realized that the bird was, indeed, alive. Emma and Mac are both such animal lovers that they were worried about the welfare of the bird. I was afraid it couldn't fly and was trying to figure out how to get it to a safe location when Mac poked the bird with a leaf. The bird flew to another spot in our backyard. Emma went to sit beside it when it finally flew out of our yard. My children were so mesmorized by this little birdie...I hope their imagination, questions, and interest in the little things never go away.





The bird is right by Mac's right shoe.

No comments: