Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Mac's Run-in with a Honey Bee


Last night, Mac had a run-in with a honey bee. He and Emma had been playing at Grandma's house, and I enjoyed some quiet time and then went to Hunter's baseball game. When I pulled to up to Grandma's house to pick them up, they were all watering flowers. I noticed Mac was playing around one pot of flowers in particular. Before I could get out of the van, he started screaming. I knew exactly what had happened. I jumped out of the van, ran over to him, and scooped him up. The stinger was still in his finger, so I pulled it out. Keep in mind this was one of the same fingers he burnt last week when he put out the citronella candle with his hand. He cried for about 5 minutes, but he did put his boo-boo bear (ice pack) on it. One of my main concerns was if I could or couldn't give Benadryll with all his other medicines he takes, and it was medicine time. Grammy reminded me that one of the medicines he takes to help him sleep is actually a high power Bendadryll...needless to say, I gave him a little extra and he slept "like a baby" last night.

No comments: