Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Show Us Where You Live- Master Bedroom



Ok, I know it's not Friday yet, but I have these pics on my memory card that I need to take to Walgreens, so I thought I would go ahead and post pics of our Master Bedroom...I posted a few after we got our new furniture and bedding a few months ago. When we moved in, our bedroom did with the old wallpaper for a while. It was floral, and if you know me, you know that flowers are not my thing!! Randall and I spend time last summer stripping wall paper (and it's a PAIN!!), sanding the wall, and then painting it. I knew I wanted the walls DARK. I've never had dark walls, and I love it!! We also put texture in the paint so the walls aren't smooth. The color we chose is Chocolate Cherry. It has a hint of red in the dark brown. The pictures make the walls look more red than they really are!! I tried to get the bedding in a little more metallic color (and it is bronze) to play off the darkness in the room.
This is a view from the doorway...You can see the end of our bed, the chest of drawers, and the window looking into our back yard. The building you see outside is one of Randall's 2 storage buildings. This is the one where all his tools are...eventually we would like to run electricity out there so it can be his little getaway!!
This is the view from the master bathroom, which is right beside the window you saw in the previous picture. The pictures above the bed are some that Randall bought me for Christmas right after we got married. The plates came from Home Interior. They all have some type of animal print. We also have two closets. Teh one on the far right is mine...it is walk-in. The one on the left is Randall's, and believe me, it is FULL!!
This is a view from the other side of the room as soon as you walk in the door. The mirror on the wall actually came off the dresser we had before this...I removed the glass, painted the frame gold, and then put it back together. As you can see, we didn't get the nightstands to go with our bedding, but we are in need of something a little taller. However, I love the king size bed, and it's even better now that Emma is sleeping in her bed more!!! LOTS OF ROOM!!
This is the view from my side of the bed. You can see into the master bath as well as into the hallway. My bridal portrait is hanging above the chest of drawers, and a wedding picture is in the frame on the chest. I am looking for a new lamp to put on the chest, but I haven't found just what I want yet. Beside the chest is a small stool that I got as a wedding gift. It has brown/black zebra print on it!!
This is a view from Randall's side of the bed. You can see Mac's Fisher-Price car and the swing set out the window. I need to order the curtains to go with my valance...I think I'll head to www. jcpenney.com right now!!

No comments: