Thursday, June 25, 2009

Waiting on Izzy and Mekhi

I am so excited because my cousin, Kristie, is expecting twins. After the report I heard today, I believe they will be here any day. I am so excited for Kristie and her husband, David. Kristie and I were very close growing up. We are 1 year and 5 days apart in age (yes, I am older!!). I fondly remember all the little music shows we used to choreograph and sing in Memaw and Pepaw's living room...those were the days...no worries, just fun. Kristie was my maid of honor in my wedding. Anyway, back to the twins. When I found out Kristie was pregnant and was carrying twins, I started praying that she would have an uneventful pregnancy and deliver healthy, full-term babies. It seems that is going to happen. Kristie is close to her 36 week mark. Izzy weighs approximately 6 pounds and Mekhi weighs approximately 5 pounds, 10 ounces. I am so excited for those weights...they both weigh more in utero than Mac weighed when I brought him home from the NICU at 5 weeks. As soon as I hear about them being born and hopefully receive a pic via email, I will let you all know...until then, please keep them in your prayers!!

No comments: