Saturday, June 6, 2009

Tour of Homes- Mac's Room


Mac's baby bed (I'm not ready to turn it into a toddler bed yet!!), bookshelf, diaper genie, and toy baskets.

Mac's certificate for being a Baptist Health Alumni...look how small his feet were.

The picture Memaw cross-stitched. It matches his room and has all his birth information on it...if you read carefully, your eyes DO NOT deceive you. He weighed 2 pounds, 8 ounces!!

Mac's dresser with pics of him and his piggy bank. You can also see his wicker basket full of cards, his CARS chair with Handy Manny, and his tool table.

A view of the wall opposite his bed.

A picture of Mac sleeping not long after he came home from his 5 weeks stay in the NICU, his dedication certificate, and a "Baby Sleeping" sign.

Mac's crib...on his pillow are his items he sleeps with...Monkey, Mater, and "Get-It." That's his little blanket on the pillow.

A view of the room from the doorway. The curtains were made by Memaw. Grammy found the fabric, where else? Ebay!!

Ok, so one of the blogs I follow, Kelly's Korner, has been doing a tour of homes for the past few weeks...I am way behind, so I thought I would catch up as I get rooms in the house clean. This post is for Mac's room. I decorated Mac's room around some bedding I received as a baby gift for Emma...it was blue with the moon and the stars. It is very fitting because one of our favorite sayings is something you've probably heard..."I see the moon, and the moon sees me. God bless the moon, and God bless me." We found out we were pregnant with Mac about a week after we moved into this house. We painted his room yellow and put up Wallies of the moon and stars. Many of the items hanging on his wall are momentos of important milestones or memories...his dedication certificate, his Baptist Health Alumni certificate, and pictures. We even have a canvas McDonald's bag (from Mrs. Monica) that says "Big Mac Attack." I even took a picture of him in the bag when he was a teeny baby!! I am hoping to redo his room in the next year or so, but I haven't decided on the decor yet...either Razorbacks or Camo.

No comments: