Thursday, July 30, 2009

Show Us Your Life-Wedding Party and Flowers

Add Image Randall and I were married on August 17, 2002 at West Race Baptist Church. Our ceremony was performed by Bro. Bill Lyons. After the parents/grandparents were seated, Matt Stewart sang "The Biggest Fan" by the Backstreet Boys...it was a good tribute to our moms. The bridal party entered the sanctuary to the "Forrest Gump Suite." I know, I know, it sounds corny, but the instrumental song is beautiful. It's the song played in the movie where the feather is floating away. I heard it and fell in love with it. The song we had played during the unity candle was also sung by Matt Stewart. It was "Cross My Heart" by George Strait. Below are some pics of our wedding...
My bouquet was cascading with lilies and ivy...very simple.
Jennifer Bates, me, and Belinda Anderson. They handed out programs and attended the gust book.
Our rings with my bouquet.
Lighting the unity candle. The candle was created especially for us at Silver Dollar City. It was white with blue running throughout it.
Randall with all the groomsmen and ushers outside the church...Steven Goff, Danny Hopkins, Joey Martin, Mike King, Randall, Tyrel Pace, Randy Summerhill, David Miller, Phil Lassiter.
Me and the bridesmaids...Stephanie Harrison Truitt (high school basketball buddy), Stephanie Mann Martin (best friend in high school and my matron of honor), me, Kristie Lederman Swenson (my cousin and maid of honor...I missed her wedding because I had just had Emma), and Kim Carter Walker (high school friend and college roommate).
Randall and the ushers...Tyrel Pace (Randall's cousin), David Miller (college friend of mine), Randall, Randy Summerhill (my brother), and Phil Lassiter (friend of Randall).
Randall and the groomsmen...Danny Hopkins (friend of Randall) , Joey Martin (Randall's cousin and best man), Randall, Steven Goff (friend of Randall), and Mike King (friend of Randall).

The girls bouquets with mine...they carried yellow lilies with Bells of Ireland and white stephanovis.
The entire wedding party (groomsmen, bridesmaids, ushers, and flower girl Kendall...no ring bearer!!). You can see the columns decorated with greenery and the arrangement behind the bride and groom...it was full of yellow and white lilies and assorted blue flowers.

Next week...wedding reception and honeymoon!!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

This is so neat! I feel like I was there. I keep forgetting that you and Kim are friends. I don't see her very often. Terry and I also used the Forrest Gump song in our wedding...so, I certainly don't think that is corny! Love the top picture of Emma and Mac!!

Jennifer said...

This is so neat! I feel like I was there. I keep forgetting that you and Kim are friends. I don't see her very often. Terry and I also used the Forrest Gump song in our wedding...so, I certainly don't think that is corny! Love the top picture of Emma and Mac!!