Monday, August 3, 2009

Just a little update

Potty training is going well at the Martin house. Mac hasn't had a pee-pee accident since Thursday. Of course, we are still working on the other. I guess he became so used to me praising him that now when he goes in his potty, he'll stand up, start clapping, and say ,"Yeah, Mac!!" It's so cute.

This is officially my last week home with my kiddos. Where did my summer go? It went by too fast, I know that! We don't have much planned for the week. We are leaving Friday to go to my brother and sis-in-law's house for Mikayla's 4th birthday. Her birthday and party are on Saturday. Emma can hardly contain her excitement. She gets up every morning asking me how many more days till we go to "my cousin's house!" I'll take lots of pics and post them next week.

Mac starts back to Miss Renee's next Monday. We stopped by there Friday afternoon just to make sure everything was set for him to start back, and I wanted to give her a heads-up on how the potty training is going. He acted as if he'd never left. He even cried we when walked out the front door to leave. I am so happy that he enjoys his babysitter... it makes my days much easier.

Next week Emma will go to Day Camp at GymStars, the place where she takes gymnastics. She already knows that a few of her friends have been going throughout the summer, so she's ready to see them. The Tuesday before school starts, Gramps is going to keep her for 1/2 day while I do inservice, then she is going to work in my classroom with me that afternoon. I can' believe she'll be starting kindergarten in 2 1/2 weeks. WOW!!

No comments: