Friday, August 28, 2009

Mac's First Sleepover

Ok, so here I am on a Friday night at 8:45, and both of my children are gone...that's right, they are gone. They are both spending the night with Grandma. This is nothing out of the ordinary for Emma. She loves to spend the night with Grandma. However, tonight, Mac is with her. That's what makes tonight different. This is the FIRST TIME Mac has spent the night away from home. Yes, I know...he's 2 1/2 years old, and I have never let him stay away. I'm a little, ok, a LOT overprotective. I guess since I spent 5 weeks away at night while he was in the NICU, I just didn't want him away anymore. BUT...I finally talked myself into it tonight. Grandma asked if they both wanted to spend the night and I thought we would try it. I haven't received a phone call yet saying he wants to come home (but I'm not saying that I don't secretly want that call to come, either!!) I am sure we will make it. I've been hoarse and sleeping very little this past week, so I've already taken my Benadryll for the night...I should sleep like a baby! I'll let you know later how the night goes!!
Mac and Emma's suitcase, along with Emma's baby Makayla...yes, I know she has no clothes on (none of our babies do!!) and I know she needs a bath. However, she is CONSTANTLY with Emma!! She even goes to Grandma's house!
Mac pulling his suitcase into Grandma's house.
Mac in the floor with the suitcases. My little man is growing up!!

No comments: