Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Yummy Burgers

I have several posts to catch up on, but this will be the only one for tonight. School (inservice for me) started back this week, so posts may be a little slower coming.

Yesterday, I knew we were going to have something with hamburger meat for dinner because I had laid the meat out of the freezer to thaw. I didn't want regular hamburgers or meatloaf, which is usually what I make with the meat. I started rummaging through the ingredients we had at the house because I REFUSED to go to the grocery store. I want to clean out most of what we have stored up before buying more groceries other than necessities (at our house, milk, bread, and eggs!!). I found a container of feta cheese and some fresh mushrooms. Randall decided he would cook, but I told him what I came across. We (ok, he) stuff the hamburgers with the feta cheese and sauteed the mushrooms. We fried up some french fries. The burgers were DELICIOUS!! I added a little mayo to my bun, topped the burger with mushrooms, and it was great!!

No comments: