Sunday, July 12, 2009

VBS 2009


Our church, Valley Baptist Church, will be hosting VBS this week, July 13-17. The theme this year is Boomerang Express. Monday-Thursday, dinner will be served in the New Fellowship Hall starting at 5:15. Dinners will be hot dogs, hamburgers, chicken nuggets, and pizza. VBS will start at 6:00 and end at 8:30 on those nights. Friday night will be parent night were the parents can come watch the children perform. I will be leading the preschool-kindergarten music like I did last year. I am a little disappointed that my room will not be as well decorated as last year. Hopefully I will do better than I am expecting. My room is supposed to look like the inside of the Sydney Opera House. Last year I got to create a great waterfall. I will post pics of my room soon. I will also be helping out on the stage during Worship Rally Central. I really have to get to work on that because the only song for the bigger kids that I know is the theme song. I am hoping that God will move through our children and visitors this week! Be praying!!

1 comment:

Lori said...

Kelly, we did this last week. I was so excited because this was Kenleigh's first year to get to go to Bible School and she absolutely loved it. I was a little nervous because she has never even went to Sunday School by herself. She always goes with me to the adult class. Anyways, she did so good. I was there teaching but wasn't with her the whole time. She is still running around singing and doing the motions to the theme song and Kaitlyn, I hear her "playing" teacher and she is repeating the stories that she learned. Hope yall have a great week. Try to get some extra naps in, lol. You will need them.