Friday, June 18, 2010

Show Us Your Life-Proposal Stories

Today's Show Us Your Life is about proposal stories...and I have to admit, Randall did a great job when he proposed. I knew the time was coming, but I didn't know when. We had been to several jewelry stores looking at rings so he would know what I liked and what I didn't, but in the end, he picked out my ring all on his own! (Well, with a little help from my mom!!) On Saturday, May 3, 2001 (a week before I graduated from college), we went out to a park that we have on the outskirts of town that overlooks the Little Red River. This was not unusual because we had done this before. The park has trails and little overlooks, and we were walking down one. He leaned over to kiss me, then got down on one knee and asked me to marry him...of course, I said yes. I then called my parents (even though the already knew) and he called his mom. We went to Colton's to eat, then went back to my house.

My ring was (and still is) beautiful. It is almost a 1/2 carat marquis with almost 1/3 carat bagets on both sides.

To add to the story, Randall was a true Southerner...he did ask my dad if he could marry me before he proposed, and he did this while he was in the woods turkey hunting with my dad...and yes, my dad had a gun!!

One thing I have to say about me is that I made him sit down and set a date IMMEDIATELY!! I knew I wanted to get married in the summer, but I wanted time to plan the wedding, so we set the date for July 20, 2002. Well, he ended up getting deployed and called 3 days after he left and said he wouldn't be there on July 20 for the wedding. Obviously you can't get married without the groom, so we postponed the wedding until August 17,2002...the weekend before school started (remember, I am a teacher!!).

No comments: