Friday, June 4, 2010

Cheese Stuffed Meatloaf

Ok, I got this recipe from another blog, and honestly, I can't remember which one. However, this meatloaf was WONDERFUL!! I will be making it again for sure!!


Ingredients

1 1/2 lbs ground beef (I used ground turkey)
1 egg
1/2 cup Italian or plain breadcrumbs (I made my own!)
1 jar pasta sauce
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup diced onion (I omitted this part!)
1 tbsp. parsley (I used Italian seasoning)
Parmesan cheese

Directions
1. In a large bowl, combine ground beef, 1/3 cup pasta sauce, egg, and bread crumbs. Line a 13X9 casserole dish with plastic wrap. Shape the beef mixture into a rectangle covering the bottom of the dish.

2. Cover with 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and parsley. Leave a 3/4 inch border around the edges.

3. Roll starting at long end jelly roll style. Use your plastic wrap to help you roll. Remove plastic as you roll it up.

4. Press all ends together.

5. Bake 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Remove from oven and drain as much grease off as you can (you don't have to drain if you use ground turkey). Pour remaining pasta sauce over meatloaf and sprinkle with the rest of the cheese. Bake an additional 15 minutes until sauce is hot and cheese is melted.

YUMMY!!!

No comments: