Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Snow Day- February 8, 2010

Well, we have officially missed 4 days of school since Christmas vacation was over due to weather...we are supposed to make up one day on Monday, and the other 3 days will be added on to the end of the year. As much as I won't like that in May, I am enjoying looking outside and seeing all the beautiful snow. I haven't officially measured, but I think we got about 8 inches of snow...no ice, just snow! That very rarely ever happens in Arkansas. I woke up yesterday to the surprise of everything covered in white. We were out of school yesterday, and by 3:00 yesterday, they had already cancelled school for today. It snowed pretty much all day yesterday. I'm not talking just little flurries...these were HUGE flakes! The high today is only about 28, so most of this will not be melting. I wouldn't be surprised if we were out again tomorrow! I am sure my students are loving this!! The sun is shining today, and it looks beautiful bouncing off the winter wonderland in my front yard! Although I haven't been out with my kids today(Mac has a pretty nasty cough), many of the neighborhood kids have been out.

Here are a few of our pictures from yesterday.

Randall making snow angels

Mac making snow angels

Emma making snow angels

Our tree in the backyard touching the ground due to the weight of the snow

Randall and Mac blowing bubbles in the house

1 comment:

Lori said...

Looks like they had a good time. I agree it is so beautiful and we never know when we might see a snow like this again.