Thursday, February 11, 2010

Breakfast for Dinner

At the Martin household, the last week before payday is called "Clean out everything that's in the house" week. I try to fix meals with ingredients we already have before I make my big monthly trip to the grocery store. Last night we had breakfast for dinner (with a dessert since Randall was at work!) This is a great way to use what you already have! We had egg muffins and turkey bacon with fried bananas for dessert!!

This is the turkey bacon. I didn't think I would like this when Randall started buying it, but I really do! It fries up a lot flatter than regular bacon, and it's not half bad for you!!


Egg Muffins
Ok, it sounds a little weird, but it wasn't bad.

Ingredients: 1 muffin tin, 6 eggs, salt and pepper to taste, pinch of garlic powder, shredded cheese of choice

Directions: Spray muffin tins with nonstick spray. Crack open one egg per cup. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Top with cheese and bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.



Fried Bananas

Ingredients: 2 bananas (quartered), 2 cups bisquick, 1 cup milk, 2 eggs, cinnamon/sugar to sprinkle, oil for frying (I used EVOO)

Directions: Combine bisquick, eggs and milk. Dip each piece of banana into mix and place in oil until golden brown. Sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar mix.

No comments: