Saturday, November 14, 2009

It's beginning to look at lot like Christmas...

at the Martin household. I know, you're probably thinking it's a little early for all this decorating. If Randall would let me, I would've done all this November 1st, but as it is, he is getting ready to go to deer camp, so I like to decorate then. However, this year, I was ready, so as soon as he got all the decorations out of the attic, I started in. I love this time of year. Emma amazed me as I was working on all this stuff the other day. She said, "Momma, you know what is so special about Christmas?" When I asked her "what, " she said, "It's Jesus' birthday, and we get to make him a cake!!" She is so right!! We make sure we bake a birthday cake for Jesus each year, and that's usually what we eat for breakfast on Christmas morning after we sing "Happy Birthday."

The fireplace...I am still looking for the "just right" red candles.
Our stockings and nativity set...the nativity set is a ceramic set that was made by Memaw many years ago!!
The top of the entertainment center. The small Santa on the right was my Memaw Johnston's (she was actually my great-grandma).
The mantle...I got these unicorns every year for 5 years for Christmas, and I love to use them to decorate. There are also lights in the ivy.
The arrangement on my dining table. I tried to be creative. For those of you who truly know me, you know how much of a struggle this is (and how much it bothered me that my ornaments in the bowl didn't lay just right)!!
The Christmas tree and mantle. I was really hoping to get a new tree (I want a fuller tree), but I haven't found that "just right" one yet!! I'm still looking, though!!
Santa and Mrs. Clause are ceramics that were made by my mom the year I was born!! I love them, and when she said she wasn't going to use them to decorate anymore, I told her I wanted them. Hopefully I can hand them down to Emma one day!
My collection of Christmas plush...the kids love these!!
My snowman table. The snowman on the bottom lights up.
As the Thanksgiving and Christmas seasons come upon us, we just wanted to say...

1 comment:

Lori said...

Kelly, I don't think it is too early. I would love to put mine up as well, but I haven't had time. I love it. It all looks great!! I love teddy bears.