Wednesday, May 26, 2010

To Randall

Ok, I know I always post about Emma and Mac on here, but I decided to make this post about Randall. For those of you who don't know our story, here it goes:

I remember seeing Randall for the first time when I was a junior in high school. He played softball with my daddy, and he had come over to the house for a party. He was with another girl, and I would sneak peaks at him through the window when I was supposed to be in the back of the house. I don't think he even knew I existed then. Now fast forward to the summer between my freshman and sophomore years of college. I had just broken up with my boyfriend of 2 years, and I was seeing Randall quite frequently at the ball park. My mom had been in a wreck, and Randall called to check on her, but then he asked to talk to me. I knew my daddy wouldn't be thrilled about who I was talking to, so I told him it was another friend when he asked. Randall called several times, and I really enjoyed talking to him. On August 15, 1998 Ithe weekend before moving back to college), Randall and I played on the same co-ed softball team in a tournament, and we've been together ever since. Now for the first SEVERAL months, we didn't tell my parents because my dad had said he didn't want me to date Randall. I finally broke down and told my mom, and my dad found out because of a message left on his answering machine.

After we had been dating 6 months, Randall found out he was being deployed to Kuwait (he was in the Army National Guard). It was a very stressful time for me, but we made it through. Needless to say, that wasn't our last deployment together! Randall was deployed to Egypt while we were planning our wedding, and he was in Iraq when Emma was born.

I know sometimes he can say things or do things that drive me crazy, but I wouldn't change him for anything! I know God put Randall in my life for a reason! I love you, Randall!!

2 comments:

Lori said...

How sweet!! I am so happy for the both of you. Randall was always a very sweet guy in school.

Stephanie Truitt said...

Ummm, would that have been a message on your dad's answering machine from me? Yes, I think so. I still feel bad about that.