Saturday, May 22, 2010

My Hometown

Kelly is hosting "Show Us Your Life" and this week the topic is your hometown. Like that Kelly, I live in Arkansas, but I live in Central Arkansas, about an hour north/northeast of Little Rock, the capital of Arkansas. I live in Searcy. A few interesting facts about Searcy...

We are the county seat of White County, and our courthouse is on the national historic registry.

We are home to Yarnell's Ice Cream... the best ice cream on Earth! As a matter of fact, I actually went to high school with one of the Yarnell's, and she is now a major part of the operations!!

Searcy is also home to Harding University. Growing up here and being Baptist, I always said I would never go to Harding...and I didn't, at least for my undergraduate degree. However, I was married when I started my master's, so I did attend Harding and graduated from there in 2005 with a Master's Degree of Education in Reading.

This is where I graduated from high school, and I am very honored to be able to teach in the same school district that gave me so much knowledge growing up. Searcy has wonderful teachers, and I only hope to be able to live up to the many who influenced me!

1 comment:

Lori said...

Great post Kelly.