Monday, March 22, 2010

Spring Break-Day 1

Obviously I am catching up on some blogging today while the kids nap. Ok, so Mac is actually the only one asleep, but Emma is having her quiet time. Today is the first day of spring break, and I am so thankful!! I needed a break. However, today, we have been pretty busy. The morning started out with this...


Yes, a call to the plumber. While cleaning out the fridge, I did something very stupid...I put leftover roast in the garbage disposal. Randall got the disposal unclogged, but he couldn't get to the one in the pipes. I had to call a plumber to come out today and unclog my mistake. Luckily, once he got here, it only took him about 10 minutes! The man was extremely nice, and if and when we need another plumber, we will be calling Searcy Plumbing!

After calling the plumber, the kids and I made a quick stop by Grammy's office, then we headed to the library. The kids LOVE going to our public library. We always get lots of books, and we usually get a few movies, too!

Mac reading one of his books he chose.


Emma picking out books.


Emma and Mac looking at the books they've chosen to borrow.


Emma reading a book.


Mac relaxing in a chair with a book...that's what I'm talking about!!


After the library, we headed to the post office to buy

stamps. After paying, I had received 2 $1 bills in change. Mac always asks for dollars when you have them, so I gave both kids $1 and told them we would go to

and they could each pick out a prize. I told them that their $1 would only allow them to buy one item, so they had to choose carefully. Emma chose a bouncy ball and Mac chose a soldier man of some sort.


After leaving Dollar Tree, I decided that since the kitchen was already a mess due to the sink clog, we would just run by and pick up some lunch. We stopped at

and ordered steak taquitos and nachos...the kids' favorites.

Ok, so this was just our morning!! I'll keep you posted on any other activities!!

1 comment:

Crazy Working Mom said...

Searcy Plumbing is a great company! Steve King is a great guy. :)
Glad that they took care of ya. If he can't get to you next time,
Brien Black Plumbing is also available for service calls. ;)
(That's our company)

-Tisha Black