Thursday, March 25, 2010

Spring Break- Day 4

Today we didn't do a whole lot. I started out the day with a headache, but we did the one thing Emma had asked to do. She wanted to visit.....



We started going here last summer. We go in and just enjoy looking at the different animals. Today, we happened to be there when they were getting ready to clean out the dog cage. They only had 2 Chihuahua puppies, and the worker asked Emma if she would like to play with one of them while he cleaned the cage. He then let her keep it out until we were ready to leave. She absolutely loved it!! Mac had fun, too, but of course, he just went from animal to animal. The funny conversation of the day went like this...

E: "Momma, what's that animal?" (pointing to a rat)
Me: "That's a rat."
E: "Why in the world would anyone want a rat for a pet? That's gross!"
Me: "My thoughts exactly!!"










After we left the Fish Bowl, we headed to Aunt Debbie's office to give her Mac's birthday pictures (yes, a little late, I know!!). We then headed to Grammy's office for a few minutes. When we left, I decided it was close to lunch and I was still hoping to get rid of my headache. We headed to a local restaurant...


...that serves great plate lunches as well as hamburgers, hot dogs, and the like. The kids always enjoy going to Frozen Delite, and I enjoy it, too. We often forget about it because it's off the main roads, but it was great today! I had a burger and fries, Mac had a corn dog and tater tots, and Emma had chicken strips and fries. I really wanted to try the thin mint milkshake, but I decided against it. I may have to head back another day and give it a try.





All in all, we had a good day. Tomorrow, the only thing planned is to take the kids to

at Walmart to have the kids' Easter pictures made together...I can't wait!

1 comment:

Crazy Working Mom said...

Hey Kelly!!!! So glad you stopped by. It IS a small world. I don't like to take my kids to The Fish Bowl 'cause they leave kicking and screaming when we don't bring home something that eats! *LOL*

Frozen Delite has been a family favorite for a LONG time. My husband grew up here and he used to go on and on about their burgers. I agreed after the first time I ate there that it was great!

So, what are you guys doing today? I think my bunch is going to head to Berryhill park. Maybe we'll see ya there! :)

Hope you've had a great week. Thanks for stopping by.

-Tisha