Saturday, January 23, 2010

DIY projects

We are still working on Emma's room. I've decided to get my hands dirty with a few DIY projects. She got a white lamp from Aunt Beene and Uncle RaRa for Christmas, and I decided to dress it up a little to match her room a little more. I got some black ribbon with black/white bead dangling from it. I used a hot glue gun to attach the ribbon to the bottom of the shade. I love the way it turned out!!

Before the beads

After the beads

I also took the letters that we've had in Emma's room since she was born and gave them a new look. I spray painted them black to off-set them from the pink walls. I then bought zebra ribbon to hang them up with. Once again, I used the hot glue gun to attach the ribbon to the back of the letters, then I hung them on the wall. What do you think?




The cost of both of these projects was about $8. I bought my materials at Hancock's.

1 comment:

Lori said...

I love it Kelly. Good job.