Tuesday, December 8, 2009

We are FINALLY on the growth chart!!

I am so excited...and any mother of a preemie will know what I mean by this! Two months shy of his 3rd birthday, Mac has finally made it on the growth charts for his age. We took him to see Dr. Kagy last week, and he weighed 25 1/2 pounds and was 35 1/2 inches tall. That puts him in the 3rd percentile for weight and the 10th percentile for height!! He is FINALLY starting to wear 24 month clothes. I thought this would never happen, but I can now tell he is starting to catch up!

On another note, we've had a week with Emma over the last week! On Friday, I got an email from Mrs. Amy, her teacher. She said Emma had moved her student stick twice, which means she was on red. She got into a fight with another student during centers and was throwing rocks at recess. Emma has nothing that is special to her for us to take away that makes a difference, so I decided to try the "scare her" tactic! I emailed her teacher back and asked if she could go to the principal's office so he could scare her. I know, it sounds like I am the meanest mom on earth, but Emma needs something stern to happen. The visit happened, and she doesn't want to go see Mr. Langston under those circumstances again! I hope it worked.

Things are busy here now with December underway. Hope to get some pics posted soon!

1 comment:

Lori said...

Kelly, Kenleigh is still wearing 18 months and is about 26 pounds and I don't think you are terrible for sending her to the office. We have to get out bluff in on these children. They are something else.