Monday, October 19, 2009

Susan G. Koman Race for the Cure, 2009

Momma asked me this year if I would be on her team for Race for the Cure, and I gladly accepted. It was the team of the White County Legal Support Professionals. We left Searcy at 6:30 on Saturday morning and headed to Little Rock to participate in the Race for the Cure. I've always been a spirit runner (made the donation but didn't walk), so this was a first time experience for me. All I know is that now I want to do it again. We had a great time with each other Saturday morning, and it was all for a great cause.
Sunrise over the Arkansas River headed to the Race for the Cure.
Me and Momma waiting for the Race to start. We are sporting our scarves that Danny made. Thanks, Danny! (oh, by the way, you're a hoot!!)
The Team...Linda, Kristen, Candy, me, Momma, Danny, Janet, and Shirley in front. Thanks, Stacie, for taking this picture!!
The team with Governor Mike Beebe (he's from Searcy!!)
We were just part of the many walkers/runners taking part in this year's Race for the Cure.

No comments: