Thursday, October 15, 2009

Emma's Field Trip to Peebles Farm

I took a personal day at work today to go with Emma (and all the other kindergarteners at her school) to Peebles Farm. We had a great time. When we got there, we started off with the corn maze that is made to look like the county courthouse. It covers 14 acres. The kids loved it!!
After the corn maze, we got to stop by the sunflowers and have pictures made. I need to take both kids back together so I can get cute pics of both of them. After the sunflowers, each child received a brown paper bag and got to fill it with cotton that they picked. Emma loved this! We also enjoyed a hayride before we had lunch and a short recess. Then each child (and parent who paid) picked out their own personal pumpkin to take home. Since I paid, I was able to get a pumpkin for Mac, too!! He'll be so excited when I pick him up and show him his pumpkin. For now, I am enjoying some quiet time at home before I have to pick Emma up from school!!

Emma in the sunflowers.

The amazing variety of pumpkins and gourds they have for sale!

Entering the pumpkin patch!

Emma among the sunflowers again!

I love this picture!!

Emma and her teacher, Mrs. Amy. (I just realized I didn't get a picture of me with Emma!!) :(

Emma picking cotton.

A cute pumpkin Emma just insisted I take a pictre of!!

Mya, Emma, McKinley, and Chandler.

Emma petting a goat.

Emma playing on the tire serpent.

Emma in one of the cut-outs.

Emma and Chandler in the hay maze.

Emma coming out of the hay maze.

Emma's kindergarten class.

Emma with her pumkin...it matches her shirt!

Emma's pumkin is on the left, Mac's is on the right.



Peeble's Farm Schedule

Open October 1 to October 31. Friday and Saturday you must be in the gate by 10 pm.
Maze:
Farm:
Monday:
9 am - 6 pm
9 am - 6 pm
Tuesday:
9 am - 6 pm
9 am - 6 pm
Wednesday:
9 am - 6 pm
9 am - 6 pm
Thursday:
9 am - 6 pm
9 am - 6 pm
Friday:
9 am - midnight
9 am - midnight
Saturday:
9 am - midnight
9 am - midnight
Sunday:
12 pm - 6 pm
12 pm - 6 pm

1 comment:

Lori said...

Kelly, Kaitlyn's class went last year and we had a great time. The maze last year was of the ivory billed woodpecker. That is amazing how they can do that. Looks like she had a great time.