Saturday, February 28, 2009

Outside Play
















Emma and Mac love to play outside. Last Sunday, it was pretty chilly out, but we bundled up and out we went!! Mac found the one daffodil (my favorite) that had bloomed in the front yard. He kept going back and smelling it, but he never tried to remove it from its place. After spending some time give sticks to Zowie and Duke through the fence (he kept getting frustrated because he couldn't get it through just right for Zowie to grab it) he decided to adorn the sidewalk with artwork. This is one of his favorite things to do with Emma. I am thinking we need to replace our sidewalk chalk come Easter. Emma is really into writing words on the sidewalk (she has recently learned how to spell and write LOVE). Mac, or course, just scribbles. To this mom, that is just lovely!! Many times I sit with them and draw or write. This is one of the most cherish times I feel like I spend with my children. Not only are they getting quality time with me, but they are also getting Vitamin D from the sun. I am so ready for more spring-like weather so we can make this a daily occurance.

No comments: