Saturday, February 28, 2009

Children's Game and Ice Cream Night







On February 13, the Children's Committee at church held a game night and ice cream social for the children. Most of the kids were kindergarten thru 6th grade, but since I am on the committee, Emma and Mac went to. Randall brought Mac and let him play, then took him home around 8 for bed. Emma went with me at 5:00 to set up, and stayed until I finished cleaning up.

We started out by serving dinner to the kids. They got hot dogs, chips, and ice cream. The ice cream was served as a sundae bar. A variety of toppings was available to the children. After eating, the children paraded to the children's church area for a puppet show. We wanted God to be shared, and this was an easy way to do it for all the children. After the puppet show, the children pretty much chose their own course of action. In the gym, many children played basketball. The Hulk jump house was also up for the kids. We had the run of the youth area, so some students played video games and air hockey. Other children chose to play board games. We also had the television available, so Nickelodeon and Disney Channel were on. Chips and cookies were left out for the night so snacking was available. Of course, this was held the night after all the kiddos had Valentine's parties at school, so we sent them home on a sugar high. My kids had a great time. I am so thankful that we are party of a church that has activities for kids of all ages. I definitely felt like God moved through me that night. I felt like I was doing something for his glory. Many of my students from school saw me at church, and I think that helps them see me in a different light.

No comments: