Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Wonders of Nature

Mac looking at the ladybug crawling up Emma's arm.
Look what I have!!
With this afternoon being a glorious day, Emma and Mac played in the backyard while I made strawberry freezer jam. I went out to take some pics while I was letting the jam sit. Emma had found a ladybug and was so excited. She would pick up the ladybug and let Mac look at it. After a minute or so, she would drop it and have to pick it up again. This happened several times before I finally convinced her that the ladybug needed to be let go to live outside. It was very hard for her to understand that the mere insect couldn't survive in our house. This is a hard concept for her to grasp as bringing home caterpillars is becoming a daily occurance!! She is so interested in nature. I can't wait for a free weekend soon so we can visit the zoo. It will have to wait a few weeks because this weekend is her birthday party and Mac's NICU reunion in conjunction with the March of Dimes Walk. Anyone wanted to sponsor us may click on the right side of the blog to do so.

No comments: