Saturday, April 4, 2009

Easter Egg Hunt

He should've gotten the prize for finding the biggest egg!!
Poor baby duck!!
Dropping eggs in the basket.
He went up to the blow up rabbit, then it started to fall over so he ran away!!
Eating a hot dog!

Today while Emma was at Chandler's bowling party, Mac and I attended our church's annual Easter egg hunt. I am on the children's committee, so I was out there early hiding all the eggs!! When we got there, Mac at a hot dog, then Bro. James broke out the resurrection eggs that he does every year. I love them because it really teaches the children what Easter is really about. After that, we got to go EGG CRAZY!! Of course, they were just laying on the ground, and Mac did a great job picking them up...UNTIL...he figured out most of them had candy inside them. I had to open a kit-kat before he would gather more eggs. He gather 49 eggs by himself...yep, you heard right...I didn't help. I only carried the basket. He had 4 money eggs and earned $1.00...of course, all in quarters so he could put them in his pocket. He then found the baby ducks and decided he could "pick" one up. I feel so sorry for the duck. Luckily, a former student of mine was right beside him and took the duck away since I was on the other side of the pool taking pictures. As we headed home, Mac fell asleep in the van. He is now peacefully sleeping while I am waiting for Emma to come back home from the party and Haley to join her in some playtime!

No comments: