Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Meet Bella- the newest member of the Martin Family

Mac and Emma got a new "sister" for Christmas. Randall and I had been talking for a while about possibly getting a new dog for Christmas since our German Shepherd, Zowie, died unexpectedly in August. At first, I was dead set against getting an inside dog, but Randall took me to our local pet shop, and I changed my mind. We started doing research on some of the best types of inside dogs (we didn't want a shedder!!) and decided to go with a short haired minature dachshund. Finding a female that was short haired was near impossible. Then Randall made a call to a lady who had placed an ad in the newspaper for chiweeinies. The pictures that she sent said it all. She only had one female left to sell, and we went on a Monday night to a home right outside of Sheridan and put a down payment on her. It was all we could do to contain our excitement for the next 2 weeks without letting the kids know. On Friday, December 23, I had the kids sit in front of the fireplace with a present a piece. They started opening them as soon as I heard Randall open the garage door coming home from work. Each child opened a can of dog food, and of course, didn't know why. They both said yuck and threw the cans across the room. Randall then told them he knew who would like that food. When he told them Bella, they asked who Bella was. Randall pulled her out from underneath his jacket. I literally thought Emma was going to cry. She was so excited. They have come to love her very much, and so have Randall and I. I don't think we could've come up with much better of a present for them from us!!

No comments: