Friday, September 11, 2009

Just another day...

in the life of the Martin family. Our typical day starts off with Daddy up between 4:45 and 5:00 so he can take Grandma to work before he heads to Little Rock to the VA Hospital. I get up at 6:00 to start getting ready. I usually get Mac up at 6:15 and wake Emma up to tell her she has 10 more minutes (if she doesn't have this warning, our mornings are NOT FUN!!). I get Mac cereal (usually Frosted Cheerios or Apple Jacks) and chocolate milk. I finish getting ready, then get Emma up at 6:25. She gets her breakfast while I make sure Emma's backpack is ready with a snack and a stuffed animal to sleep with at nap, Mac's backpack has a few cars in it, and lunches are packed. I give the kids the 5 minute warning at 6:40 that it is almost time to get dressed. At 6:45, I usually get Mac dressed while Emma gets herself dressed. Mac gets teeth brushed and hair fixed, then Emma joins us in the bathroom to get her hair fixed and teeth brushed. We have a few more minutes to watch cartoons (Blue's Clues), then head out the door by 7:10. Emma and I drop Mac off with Miss Renee and Mr. Wayne, then I head to Westside to drop Emma off. Once both kids are dropped off, I head to the middle school for my day with students. Wow, it's busy, and the day just started!!

Emma with her backpack and her cereal ready to head out the door!!
Mac with his backpack. Since Emma has hers, he has to have his...except his has cars in it!!

No comments: