Thursday, February 15, 2007

Mac is here


Mac Patton Martin has arrived. He was born on Saturday, February 3, 2007 at 9:21 am. He weighed 2 pounds, 8 ounces, and was 15 1/2 inches long. He is doing well and gaining weight daily. He is now up to 2 pounds, 14 ounces. They will weigh him again tonight, so maybe he will break 3 pounds. They are going to have to test him tomorrow for his bilirubin level and he may have to go back under the billi-light as he is still a little jaundiced. He looks good, though. I got to change his clothes for the first time yesterday. I am always afraid that I will break him. I am learning everything, though, from how to work his isolette to how to unhook his leads and feeding tube. He is definitely a little miracle. Emma absolutely loves him. She told her daddy immediately after Mac was born, "I can't touch him, but God touched him." Isn't that amazing?

No comments: