Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Post-Op Dr. Visit

Yesterday Randall and I headed back to NLR to have my ankle looked at. I am two weeks out from surgery, and let me tell you, I was ready to get out of that splint! I had accepted the fact that I would be in a cast for several more weeks, but I really just wanted to scratch my leg! The stitches didn't want to come out very easily (I experienced some pain and probably about squeezed Randall's hand off), I had the ankle x-rayed (there is a plate and 7 screws, where we thought originally there were only 5 screws). Dr. Ardoin said everything looked good, and that he was going to put me in a walking boot! YAY!! However, I still can't walk for at least 4 more weeks. He wants me to practice getting some movement back, so I can take the boot off when I am sitting down, and to take a bath/shower (I am mostly excited about that!!). I get to go back to work Monday, and I got back to Dr. Ardoin on March 1.

No comments: